At Pediatric, Prenatal and Family Chiropractic of Wisconsin, we focus on gentle, safe, and effective chiropractic care for your whole family. Let us help you turn your goals into reality.
Chiropractor Racine WI
Pediatric, Prenatal and Family Chiropractic of Wisconsin
Welcome to Pediatric, Prenatal and Family Chiropractic of Wisconsin located at 1524 S Green Bay Rd Suite 101 in Mt Pleasant, WI. We understand that choosing a chiropractor is a big decision. This article will help you learn the basics of chiropractic care. Please don't hesitate to contact our Racine WI chiropractors with any further questions you have. We are here to help you achieve your goals.
Most people believe that chiropractors treat back pain. That is true, but there is so much more that chiropractic care can achieve. Because chiropractors help to remove pressure from the nervous system, they can also influence many other conditions. It is common to hear chiropractic patients say that they came in for back pain and their headaches got better.
The Benefits of Chiropractic Care
The benefits that chiropractors provide can be seen in a variety of health conditions. Even relatively healthy people can see improvements. Most of us put our bodies through a lot. Regular adjustments can help to restore balance within the body.
Your spine is designed to protect your spinal cord. Your spinal cord is responsible for moving information from your brain to the rest of your body. Your spine is the protective case for one of the most important parts of your body; a Racine WI chiropractor can help you maintain it.
Between Body And Mind
Chiropractic improves the health and function of the nerve system which in turn improves the communication between your brain, the body, and the environment so that it can accurately perceive what is going on and respond appropriately.
Chiropractors adjust the alignment of the spine to help the body function at an optimum level and facilitate proper function of the nervous system. When your spine is perfectly aligned, important nerve signals are able to be transmitted without any interference. When your spine is out of alignment, the nerve signals have trouble transmitting. A properly functioning nervous system is so important because the nervous system controls every cell, tissue, and organ in your body.
Gonstead is a specific Chiropractic technique named after its founder, Dr. Clarence S. Gonstead (1898-1978). There are five components to the Gonstead system, they include:
- X-Rays: Full spine x-rays are utilized and ensure the safety and appropriateness of care. X-rays give us information about your unique structure, measured millimeters of misalignment, and direct appropriate vectors for correction.
- Palpation: Static and motion palpation are utilized to help localize changes in skin, musculature, and any restriction with segmental movement.
- Instrumentation: A Delta-T or Nervoscope will be used each visit. The instrument helps to determine the location of nerve interference by locating temperature differentials.
- Visualization: Your gait and posture will be observed and analyzed and correlated with the other components.
- Case Management: A thorough health history is obtained to gain insight of any pre-existing health conditions, and correlate symptoms to subluxation (misalignment).